Thursday, September 30, 2010

It's Foreign Poster Friday!

I decided I wanted to have a regular feature on this blog (other than plugs for my lists on horrornews.net), so I decided that I would feature foreign posters for some of our favorite films. Foreign poster designs have always fascinated me: why does so much change from the American posters? And, usually, I ask, "Why can't our posters be that cool?" Perhaps we will never know.

I know it's not technically Friday yet, but I'm going to a midnight showing of Let Me In and I want to work on a review tomorrow. So, I present to you the debut image for Foreign Poster Friday! This one is a classic example of how to do it right. It seems no coincidence that this is for a Cronenberg movie.

The American poster is cool and all--that image of Stephen Lack with white eyes as he's draining that guy's mind is awesome, but it's just a production still sort of image, not an actual piece of art like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment